Katonah Village Kids is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
We have voluntarily gone through a comprehensive process of internal study, invited external professional review to verify compliance with the Criteria for High Quality Early Childhood Programs, and we have been found to be in substantial compliance with the Criteria. It’s like the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval!
Parents can be assured that their child is in a program that goes the extra mile to ensure quality.
What is a high-quality early childhood program?
- Frequent, positive, warm interactions among teachers and children
- Planned learning activities appropriate to children’s age and development
- Specially trained teachers and administrators
- Ongoing professional development
- Enough adults to respond to individual children
- Many and varied age-appropriate materials
- Respect for cultural diversity
- A healthy and safe environment
- Inclusive environments
- Regular, two-way communication with families who are welcome visitors at all times
- Effective administration
- Ongoing, systematic evaluations
Accreditation is valid for five years. During that period, we maintain compliance with accreditation standards, document program improvements, and provide notification about major changes.